Good Morning Chicago DSA,
We’ve got a well-scheduled week ahead of us. If you’re free on Friday, I highly encourage you to break out your Abolish Ice signs and check out the Stop Gary Deportations protest. We have buses, so don’t worry if you don’t have a car to get you there! You can find the registration information for that below.
Monday, July 2
- Community Councils Working Group – First Meeting; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM; CDSA Office; 3411 W. Diversey Ave.
This is going to be the first meeting of our working group. The vision of this new working group is to facilitate to set up self-governed neighborhood level organizations/assemblies that become the platform for people’s empowerment. We want to approach this project as a coalition of groups from the get go.
Tuesday, July 3
- North Side Branch Steering Committee Meeting; 7 PM – 8:45 PM; Location TBD
This is a meeting of the North Side Branch Steering Committee to plan elections process and handle any branch bylaws tasks.
- Anti-Racism Working Group Meeting; 7 PM – 9 PM; UE Hall; 37 S. Ashland Ave.
Come meet and discuss ways Chicago DSA can take action on Immigration Rights!
Also we will have Working Group elections for Co-Chairs and Secretary, and cover updates on our work on #NoCopAcademy, CPAC, and more!
Friday, July 6
- Stop Gary Deportations Protest; 10 AM – 1 PM; Gary Airport; 6001 Industrial Highway, Gary IN
Northwest Indiana Resistance is organizing a protest and is asking for CDSA’s help!
“We must do anything and everything to oppose current immigration abusive practices, especially child abuse in family separations. On July 6 we are planning a protest to stop family separation and stop deportations at the Gary-Chicago International Airport.”
We have free buses, thanks to Jobs with Justice and SEIU! We need anyone that wants a ride to and from Gary to fill out the form in this link as soon as possible so we can make sure we have everyone covered. http://www.chicagojwj.org/not1more
Saturday, July 7
- Tech Committee Hack-a-thon; 12 PM – 8 PM; Pumping Station One; 3519 N. Elston Ave.
The CDSA Tech Committee is hosting a day long hackathon for people to meet, code, and collaborate on CDSA’s tech projects. Come and go as you’d please. Snacks will be provided. Please bring a computer.
Sunday, July 8
- West Cook Branch Monthly Meeting; 1 PM – 3 PM; Oak Park Public Library; 834 Lake St.
Monthly business meeting, including reporting on WGs and convention developments, branch governance and structure, summer actions, and mobilizing.
- Talkin’ Socialism: Toxic Masculinity
The noisy socialist feminists are back and they’re talking Incels, Loss memes, lobsters, feminism for men and taking off their shirts. There is a content warning on this episode so make to check that out on the above link before listening!