Good Morning Chicago DSA,
Monday, July 16
- Health Care Working Group Meeting; 7 PM – 8:30 PM; Co-Prosperity Sphere; 3219-21 S. Morgan St
We will be discussing the campaign for Medicare for All, updates on local canvassing, local health justice efforts and ways to get involved! All are invited!
Tuesday, July 17
- CDSA Happy Hour (sponsored by the SocFem WG); 5 PM – 8 PM; The Hideout; 1354 W. Wabansia
Happy Hour at the Hideout open to all CDSA members! Come by, have a drink or four, join in comradely delights, and meet SocFem Steering Committee Members and see latest projects that Socialist Feminist Working Group has been working on!
Wednesday, July 18
- Electoral Working Group Meeting; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM; 300 S. Ashland Ave
Electoral will hold its monthly meeting, possibly the last before we start to interview candidates and vote on endorsement recommendations. We’ll discuss our 2019 plans and debate exactly how badass Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is.
- Environmental Working Group Meeting; 7 PM – 8 PM; CDSA Office; 3411 W. Diversey Ave
The Environmental Justice Working Group will be discussing next steps for the anti-fracking coalition, follow up on our fundraiser picnic and more.
Thursday, July 19
- North Side Branch Monthly Meeting; 7 PM – 9 PM; Hairpin Arts Center; 2810 N. Milwaukee Ave
This is the general monthly meeting of the North Side Branch. On the agenda, will be discussion and voting on amendments to drafted branch bylaws, a check-in on how our branch is doing on the goals we set for ourselves in January, the upcoming elections for Steering Committee, and planning a branch social event/fundraiser.
Saturday, July 21
- West Cook Branch Brake Light Clinic; 10 AM – 2 PM; Corner of North Ave and Humphrey Ave, Oak Park
Getting stopped by the police can be costly, time consuming and can create an unnecessary risk for undocumented immigrants, people of color, and the poor and working class.Get your brake light replaced for free (including tail, turn & license plate)!Also: We need comfort supplies for the Free Brake Light Clinic!
Water & La Croix
All ages snacks
Bags of ice
Coffee and/or tea
Donuts and/or cookies
We can pick up if possible. Anything would help the cause! Email: email@example.com
- Talkin’ Socialism: Danny Postal Interviews Gilbert Achcar
DSA member Danny Postel, assistant director of Middle Eastern and North African Studies at Northwestern University, interviews author Gilbert Achcar on the subject of the continuing consequences of the Arab Spring and Achcar’s most recent book, Morbid Symptoms. Recorded July 10, 2018 at After-Words Books in Chicago.