Good Morning Chicago DSA,
Guess what, y’all? There are zero events on the calendar this week. So yeah, this email is going to be super short for once. Sorry to all of you out there that love reading long events email. It’s nice for me at least. Makes my job easy.
I do have a couple of important pieces of information for everyone though. One, the October General Meeting Minutes and November EC Meeting Minutes have been posted to the website. If you missed either of those meetings and are interested in what went down, be sure to check those out.
And then two, everyone should join the CDSA Slack channel, if you haven’t already. Here’s an invite link for you. We’ve got channels for all the working groups as well as some other topics. It’s a great way to organize if you don’t like email and want to keep up with everything that CDSA is working on.
That’s about it. There are a few more things listed below that you can check out, but nothing coming up this week. Hope everybody who is travelling stays safe. And, yeah, rest up and get ready for 2019 because we’ve already got some great events planned right off the bat in January and we have some aldermanic campaigns to win in February. Happy Holidays, comrades. 🙂
Since there aren’t any events on the calendar this week, here are some important ones to be aware of coming up in early January.
- January 5: #Housing4All Day of Action and the CDSA Holiday Party
- January 6: The IRC Fuck ICE Benefit Concert
- January 12: Lift the Ban Retreat
- January 13: Pro-Choice Counter Protest of the March for Life
- The Strike and Solidarity Committee has set up an SMS system to keep people posted about strike and solidarity actions. People that want to get updates should text SOLIDARITY to 55222
- Renew your dues! It’s been two years since the 2016 election which spurred a lot of us into joining. That means that for some of us, it’s time to renew. If that’s you, you can do so here: https://act.dsausa.org/donate/membership/ (Consider switching to monthly too!) Look out for some exciting news about dues renewal pins coming soon.
- Grievance Policy. If you ever feel you are being harassed by another member of DSA, or made to feel uncomfortable by a member, or have a conflict with another member, please reach out to email@example.com to get in touch with our chapter’s Harassment and Grievance Officers.